I Don't Care

Monday, November 16, 2009

But I really do!

When I am not treated with enough respect,
When I do not get credit for something good that I did,
When I am not praised for excellence,
When people do not like me because...

They'd be thinking, It's ok- she doesn't mind... she doesn't care...

But they are just too insensitive to take the apathy in my tone and actions.
I care, and seeing you not realize that I do keeps my guard up!

It's how I protect myself from hurting further, by seeming to not care when my insides are being consumed by the pain.

Just as a soldier keeps a straight face, when getting away is not an option... when his heart trembles in fear.

Comments

No response to “I Don't Care”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Post a Comment

 
Struggling Me | Blogger Template Design By LawnyDesigns Powered by Blogger